Leiden University is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties in the arts, humanities and sciences, spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague including the largest bio-science park in the Netherlands with a unique innovation ecosystem. Our motto is ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ or ‘Bastion of Freedom’. The university has over 5,848 staff members and 34,165 students. Leiden University is ranked amongst the top 100 universities and part of a number of international networks of universities, including the League of European Research Universities (LERU).
- The Leiden Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (PLNT), supports the creators of tomorrow in developing their ideas with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- The LUMC-Campus The Hague, partnership with the greater city of The Hague, delivers tangible added value in the field of innovation in healthcare and population health management.
- Leiden University Green Office (LUGO) is a hub where students and staff members cooperate to make our university more sustainable, having two main objectives: structurally integrate sustainability in Leiden University’s education, research, and facilities and foster a culture of sustainability in the community of staff and students at Leiden University.
- The Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) is a leading interdisciplinary research institute that studies scientific research and its connections to technology, innovation, and society.
- The African Studies Centre Leiden (ASCL) is the only multidisciplinary academic knowledge institute in the Netherlands devoted entirely to the study of Africa that unites specialists from academia, the media, the arts, NGOs, business and/or policy-making with a focus on Africa
- The Institute of Security and Global Affairs (ISGA), focuses on multidisciplinary research and education within the international scientific field of security studies.
Head International Affairs Unit
Sr. Programme Manager
Mira van den Oever
Mariëlle Veldhuijzen van Zanten
Project Student Assistant