EUniWell Onco-Aging (Seed Funding Project): Online Workshop
This workshop aims at discussing new aspects of cure and care of cancer which are critical for the management of patients with advancing age.
Particular attention will be devoted to clinical tools and skills enabling young generations of physicians and other healthcare practitioners to cope with the challenges of the upcoming demographic wave.
The workshop is designed for a broad interdisciplinary audience, from medical students to residents, researchers, life scientists, physicians and other healthcare practitioners, the Onco-Aging consortium team members and their groups, other EUniWell projects leaders/participants, as well as the general public.
National and international speakers include:
- Beverly Canin, Patient Advocate/Research Partner SIOG/CARG, United States
- Dr Najia Musolino, Chief Executive Officer, International Society of Geriatric Oncology
- Prof. Dr. Melissa (Kah Poh) Loh, Director, Geriatric Hematology &Mobile Health Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, United States
- Prof. Dr. Andreas H. Jacobs, Director of the Clinic for Geriatric and Neurology, Johanniter Hospital, Bonn, Germany
- PD. Dr Valentin Göde, Head of the Department of Oncogeriatrics, St Marien-Hospital, Cologne, Germany
Please register here.
14:00-14:05 Opening remarks by Prof. Dr. Cristina Polidori and Dr. Yue Zhao
14:05-14:20 Dr Najia Musolino, Chief Executive Officer, International Society of Geriatric Oncology
14:20-14:45 Prof. Dr. Andreas H. Jacobs: GA for toxicity prediction in older cancer patients
14:45-15:10 PD. Dr Valentin Göde: Geriatric assessment & interventions in older adults with cancer: Impact of novel RCTs on routine oncological care
15:10-15:35 Prof. Dr. Melissa (Kah Poh) Loh: Models for geriatric hematology and oncology
15:35-15:50 Beverly Canin, Patient Advocate/Research Partner SIOG/CARG
15:50-16:00 Open discussion and closing remarks
Download the programme here.
Hosted by: Prof. Dr. Cristina Polidori and Dr. Yue Zhao
Organisation and Partners:
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Cologne
- University hospital of Cologne
- EUniWell and partner Universities
- International Society of Geriatric Oncology (SIOG)
- Cancer and Aging Research Group (CARG)
We look forward to your participation!