Leiden University is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties in the arts, humanities and sciences, spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague including the largest bio-science park in the Netherlands with a unique innovation ecosystem. The motto of the University is ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom. The university has over 7,100 staff members and 30,800 students. Leiden University is ranked amongst the top 100 universities and listed 38 in THEs most international universities ranking. Leiden University is member of the League of European Research Universities – LERU.
- PLNT ,the Leiden Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, supports the creators of tomorrow in developing their ideas with an entrepreneurial mindset
- The LUMC-Campus The Hague, partnership with the greater city of The Hague, delivers tangible added value in the field of innovation in healthcare and population health management
- The Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) is a leading interdisciplinary research institute that studies scientific research and its connections to technology, innovation, and society.
- The African Studies Centre Leiden (ASCL) is the only multidisciplinary academic knowledge institute in the Netherlands devoted entirely to the study of Africa that unites specialists from academia, the media, the arts, NGOs, business and/or policy-making with a focus on Africa
- The Institute of Security and Global Affairs (ISGA), focuses on multidisciplinary research and education within the international scientific field of security studies.
- Leiden University Graduate School of Teaching, ICLON, provides undergraduate and postgraduate teacher education, in-service teacher training and services pertaining to educational design and innovation, staff development and organizational development for higher education.