Become a EUniWell School Ambassador!
All young people should have the same opportunity to gain an education and make a career for themselves - this is what we at EUniWell want to contribute to with our School Ambassador Programme.
School Ambassadors are EUniWell university students from a wide variety of social and cultural backgrounds who promote well-being and life-long learning in society and especially among the younger generation. The Ambassadors participate in a variety of events, share information about EUniWell partner universities and local higher educational opportunities, and share their own experiences of higher education.
You are a School Ambassador we are looking for:
- If social diversity and equal opportunities have a high priority for you
- If you’d like to encourage underprivileged young people to pursue further education
- If you are open to share your own stories and experiences with disadvantaged primary and secondary school pupils and give them confidence to plan their future
- If you’d like to get to know the other EUniWell partner universities’ School Ambassadors
Advantages of becoming a EUniWell School Ambassador:
EUniWell School Ambassadors are building their C.V. by getting more experience working in an information-providing capacity, increasing verbal communication, spoken and written, skills, using their enthusiasm to inspire others and raising aspirations, improving presentation skills to groups of people, developing more effective team working skills, time-keeping skills, organising skills, and showing evidence of their being responsible, reliable, and approachable young people.
EUniWell School Ambassadors will benefit from collaborating and building a network with other students from European partner universities, providing opportunities to gain international experience, as well as becoming role models for many children.
Interested? Then apply as outlined below.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and you want to apply to become a EUniWell School Ambassador, contact your university’s representative (contact details below).
Advertisement shared online: 1-30 September 2022
Deadline for application: 30 September 2022
Please send your application including the following details and descriptions:
- Your university, course of study, year of study, special interests
Answers to the following questions in maximum 200 words per each:
- What was your way from school to university? Why did you choose this pathway?
- Why have you applied to be an ambassador? What is your motivation?
- What, for you, are the best things about the programme?
You do not need to meet all the conditions below. We welcome applications from all interested students!
- Must be a current student of one of the EUniWell partner universities
- Able to offer a minimum 1 year commitment to being an Ambassador
- Good standard of English language
- Experience of public speaking and presenting to a large audience
- Evidence of showing diplomacy and initiative to deal with a variety of people and situations
- An appreciation for diverse audiences or experience of dealing with a diversity of people
- Experience of working with prospective students
- General knowledge (or willingness to gain knowledge) of your university
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team-working skills
- Enthusiasm for university life
- Professional approach to work i.e. organised, punctual and reliable
- Willing to travel
What happens next?
- Shortlisted students invited for interview: 3-7 October 2022
- Selected students invited for an online training: between 17-28 October 2022 (details later)
- Participation in local School Ambassador activities (details provided by the host institution): November 2022 - March 2023
- Personal meetings with other School Ambassadors in Birmingham (UK) or Budapest (Hungary) or Cologne (Germany) - (defined later): April - June 2023
University of Birmingham
- More information: Access to Birmingham (A2B) programme
- Contact person: Hannah Stretton, International Partnerships Officer for Europe, UoB
University of Cologne
- More information: Website Studienbotschafter*innen
- Contact person: Stefanie Ruetz, Talentscout, Central Student Advisory Service, UoC
University of Florence
- More information & contact person: Letizia Didonato: letizia.didonato[at]unifi.it
- Further contacts depending on the faculties: https://www.unifi.it/p10890.html
- More information & contact person: Leiden EUniWell Project Team, euniwell[at]bb.leidenuniv.nl
- More information: Website Linnaeus University
- Contact person: Anna Widenqvist, Communications Officer
University of Murcia
- More information: University of Murcia
- Contact person: Prof. Alicia Rubio, Vice-Rector for Students and Employment: vicestudem[at]um.es
- More information: Website Nantes Université
- Contact person: Nantes EUniWell Project Team: euniwell[at]univ-nantes.fr
Stay in touch & up-to-date!
Follow us on our social media channels:
And subscribe to our EUniWell newsletter for regular highlights and save-the-dates to upcoming EUniWell events delivered straight to your inbox: