EUniWell PhD Workshop 2023
26/06/2023 to 28/06/2023
The International Graduate School of the University of Murcia (EIDUM) organises the First EUniWell PhD Workshop on 26-28 June 2023. The objective is to bring together PhD students and young scholars to present their ongoing projects and exchange ideas in all of the EUniWell Research Arenas.
The workshop will be celebrated as a satellite event within the 8th Doctoral Students Conference of the University of Murcia, Technical University of Cartagena and Campus Mare Nostrum in the form of four special sessions on Well-being and Health (Arena 1), Individual and Social Well-being (Arena 2), Environment, Urbanity and Well-being (Arena 3), and Teacher Education (Arena 4).
Local students participating in general sessions can join the conference onsite at the University of Murcia. EUniWell students can participate in the thematic panels online. Each presentation will be followed by a discussion moderated by a senior scholar aiming to foster debate, adding up to a total duration of 20 minutes (15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion).
The official language of the EUniWell workshop is English and the participation is free for students from the EUniWell Alliance.
The workshop includes the following keynote lectures (further details tbc):
- Morning 26 June: Álvaro Enrique Albacete Perea (Ambassador and General Secretary for the Mediterranean Union)
- Evening 26 June: Gotzone Barandika (Head of the Association of Spanish Doctorate Schools)
- Morning 27 June: Antonio Paez (McMaster University, Canada)
- Afternoon 27 June: Alexander Hasgall (Head of the EUA Council for Doctoral Education)
- Afternoon 28 June: Kseniia Smyrnova (Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine)
If you are a PhD student of one of our partners in the EUniWell Alliance and are interested in presenting your work corresponding to one of the four Arenas at this event (please see above), you may submit your abstract:
- Submission of abstracts (800 words in English): Deadline 25 May (closed); acceptance of submitted proposals: 15 June
- Registration: Deadline 15 June
- Participation in the Conference: 26 to 28 June
After acceptance of the submitted abstract, participation is free for EUniWell students. The research topic must be related to one of the Research Arenas of the alliance: Well-being and Health (Arena 1), Individual and Social Well-being (Arena 2), Environment, Urbanity and Well-being (Arena 3), and Teacher Education (Arena 4). The presentation must be held in English.
The event will be held in hybrid format, with online participation for PhD students from EUniWell partner universities and in-person attendance for local students at the host University of Murcia.
Maria Pilar Martinez-Garcia (Academic Secretary of The International Graduate School of the University of Murcia)