EUniWell Science-to-Public Communication Workshops
27/02/2023 to 02/03/2023
About the programme
The online workshops will focus on both oral and written communications, with different workshops for each topic. Each researcher can apply to one or several sessions, depending on their needs and interest.
Aim of the programme
Engaging different audiences (general public, local communities, scientific public, business people, science journalists) can strengthen young researchers’ academic profiles.
The participants of the programme will be able to:
- Gain an awareness of audience types and their needs
- Identify the most engaging part of their research
- Experience developing messages for their research
- Explain why and how they should engage the public with their research
- Network with other engaged young researchers and supportive public engagement professionals from the EUniWell partner universities
How it works
The online workshops are designed as a mix of presentations and practical applications in an interactive environment, encouraging experience-sharing, discussions and concrete examples in which the participants will be able to practice their presentation / public speaking / video / social media / storytelling skills.
After an introductory session about the basics of science communication and the importance of research outreach, the programme will offer a choice of three modules.
The programme will focus on both oral and written communication and will be organised as follow:
- Introduction session:
- Basics of communicating to the general public (27 February 2023)
- Oral communication:
- How to create a podcast or a video blog (28 February 2023)
- Written communication:
- How to talk about science in social media (2 March 2023 from 14:00 to 16:00 CET / 13:00 to 15:00 GMT)
- Storytelling techniques for the popularisation of science (2 March 2023 from 9:30 to 12:30 CET / 8:30 to 11:30 GMT)
Format: Online Zoom meeting
Participants: PhD candidates and researchers from EUniWell partner universities
Limitation: 20-30 applicants per course can attend (3 participants / course from each partner university maximum).
The workshop is free of charge for PhD candidates and researchers of all EUniWell universities.
Registration link: https://questionnaires.univ-nantes.fr/index.php/431471?lang=en
In the interest of an optimal learning experience, the organisers reserve the right to adjust the composition of groups to include representatives of the different universities as much as possible – so first-come, first-served will not always be possible.
Application deadline: 10 February 2023
For more information about the programme, contact euniwell[a]univ-nantes.fr