Register for the EUniWell BIP on “Green and Carbon Neutral Cities”!
The Mission on Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities (EU Cities Mission) aims to deliver 100 climate-neutral and smart European cities by 2030, while paving the way for remaining European cities to become climate-neutral by 2050.
The course will be a Blended Intensive Programme (BIP) and will give participants detailed tools on the different aspects involved, instruments of analysis and design tools to develop ideas and make plans for mitigation and adaptation to climate change in urban areas. Within the BIP framework, two different and complementary education methods are organised: online events (in July 2023) completed through a mobility program in Florence, at the School of Engineering of UNIFI, from 4 to 8 September 2023. The lectures will be followed by a project to develop in a group. The BIP is open to Masters and PhD students.
The participants to the BIP will be asked to adopt a city, among those already selected for the Cities Mission. Each participant or group will collect all data available and background information on the initiatives of the city and will propose their own initiatives or the integration of the existing ones into their project. The proposal can be focused on specific topics, limited areas, localised actions etc.
- 2 days of online activities in July 2023 (dates to be confirmed).
- 1 week in Florence, from 4 to 8 September 2023.
- Credits: the program will award 3 ECTS credits to participating students (Transcript of Records to be supplied by UNIFI).
- To apply, please fill out this form.
- Application deadline: 10 June 2023. Don’t wait to apply, only 15 spots are available for EUniWell partner universities!
- The application is open to students from EUniWell partner universities.
- Applicants must be proficient in English to participate in this programme.
- The organisation will give a final admission response by 28 June 2023.
- The course is free for EUniWell and BIP partners.
- The trip to Florence and accommodation will be organised by the students themselves.
- The Blended Intensive Programme is eligible for Erasmus+ short-term funding. Funding will be provided from your home university through Erasmus+ or EUniWell.
- You will receive detailed information about the funding options from your home universities after successful application.
For further information, please contact DICEA by writing to Margherita Mellini.
Stay in touch & up-to-date!
Follow us on our social media channels:
And subscribe to our EUniWell newsletter for regular highlights and save-the-dates to upcoming EUniWell events delivered straight to your inbox: