University of Nantes becomes “Nantes Université”
Since 1 January 2022, Nantes Université unites a total of six local Higher Education and Research Institutions, each one of them especially renowned in its field:
- Ecole normale d’architecture de Nantes, one France’s official Schools of Architecture.
- Ecole des Beaux-Arts de Nantes Saint-Nazaire, one of France’s official national Art Schools.
Both of these two institutions are under the authority of the French Ministry of Culture.
- Centrale Nantes, a prestigious Engineering School with the status of “Grande école”, an institution of higher education in France, known for its academic excellence.
In addition to these new official components of Nantes Université, three further members now cooperate with Nantes University at a unique level, laying the foundations for a new, more open French university model:
- The Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU), Nantes’ regional University Hospital, strongly enhances the University’s capacities in the field of Health sciences
- The Institut de Recherche Technologique (IRT) Jules Verne. IRTs are unique structures in which companies and Higher Education/ Research Institutions work together on a specific thematic area. The Jules Verne Technological Research Institute aims at enhancing the competitiveness of strategic industrial sectors in France by creating groundbreaking technologies for manufacturing processes.
- The INSERM, a national Scientific and Technological Institute dedicated to biomedical research and human health.
By joining forces with these high-ranking institutions, Nantes Université reinforces its research capacities and its global training offer, now covering an even larger number of disciplinary fields and providing new opportunities for students and researchers. This new entity enables unique cooperation in order to foster excellent research in fields such as Health and Industry of the Future, on the local level and beyond.
In line with the mission and vision of EUniWell, one of Nantes Université’s goals is also to be a sustainable institution, committed to well-being, Open Science and Open Education.
Prof. Carine Bernault, elected as president of Nantes Université
Carine Bernault, Professor of Private Law, formerly president of the University of Nantes, was elected as president of Nantes Université on 16 December for a term of five years.
She describes the ambitions of Nantes Université in this video (in French):
Stay in touch & up-to-date!
Follow us on our social media channels:
And subscribe to our EUniWell newsletter for regular highlights and save-the-dates to upcoming EUniWell events delivered straight to your inbox: