International Service Learning
EUniWell Service Learning is a 10-week international student project, providing participants with a structured, yet experiential learning opportunity to collaborate with others and make a difference. Delivered in partnership with community organisations, participants will attend virtual classes and guest lectures taught by industry and academic experts, collaborate as part of an international team, and present their final projects at an in-person event.
2023 International Student Project: Design a social media campaign and support the fight against climate change!
Do you want to learn more about the impact of climate change? Do you want to engage with an organisation that is united by the aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, limit the rate of climate change and to promote climate justice? If the answer is yes, Climate Cooperation Initiatives (CCI) needs your help to:
- Introduce CCI along with their aims as a non-profit organisation
- Explain the concept of climate cooperation, climate club, carbon pricing, and climate finance
- Establish a large social media community
- Connect with other societies, organisations, activists, and politicians
What will you gain from this experience?
- You will be working with international students from the EUniWell Alliance
- You will develop employability skills highly sought after by employers e.g., social media/digital marketing, interdisciplinary teamwork, local/global leadership skills and project management skills
- You will be taught by industry experts from CCI, Markus Brandl, a digital corporate communications specialist and academic experts
- You will have an opportunity to make a real difference on a global scale and present your findings at an in-person event at Cologne University on Tuesday 27 June 2023
- You will be travelling to Cologne from the 26 – 28 June 2023, travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
About the Climate Cooperation Initiative:
A group of young and committed activists based in Cologne who are united by a desire to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, limit the rate of climate change, and to promote climate justice. CCI thrives for more effective international climate policies and to hold countries to their commitments and ultimately hope to reach an agreement for cooperative solutions – both through dialogue with political decision makers and through public debate.
Apply by 16 March 2023
To see full details, course dates and selection criteria please download our information sheet.
To apply, please submit a one-page statement, maximum 500 words, in English, outlining why you should be awarded a fully funded place on this international student exchange programme, covering:
- background information about yourself
- why you want to attend
- relevant education and/or experience
- how the course will benefit your future career
- what you will bring to the group
Please submit your application to: euniwell.servicelearning[@]contacts.bham.ac.uk by 16 March 2023. You will hear back from us by 6 April 2023.